I read a piece in Peter Walsh’s book It’s All Too Much about gift giving and would like to share it with you as the timing is appropriate:
1. If you have a large family, at Christmas draw names out of a hat. Next year, you’re responsible for giving to the person you pick.
2. If you have a large family, consider only giving gifts to the kids.
3. Give disposable gifts or gifts that don’t take up room (gift certificates, food baskets, charity donations, etc.) to business associates.
4. Before you even start shopping, decide on a number of gifts that you’re buying for your kids. Stop when you’re done.
5. Get your child one and only one big-ticket item like a bicycle or a dollhouse.
6. Immediately donate to charity gifts that are age-inappropriate or duplicates of things you or your child already owns.
If you have more tips to offer to help keep the clutter at bay during the holidays, feel free to share in the comments section. Happy Holidays!
Image: © Chirobocea Nicu