“I just have to say again thank you for the beautiful and inspiring session. I have been saying this for years and now I feel validated.”
Allison is a freelance writer who works primarily from her basement home office. When Allison hired Living Peace, she was planning to remodel her office space, but she knew that she wanted help overhauling her organizational and workflow systems as well to improve her effectiveness in managing client projects and her feeling of peace in her work environment.
- Create an updated filing system that keeps active files close at hand and appropriately stores archive files in an alternate location.
- Develop a daily paperwork/project management system to keep current projects available for immediate work.
- Identify functions necessary for new office furniture and research and purchase appropriate pieces.
- Create a functional desk workspace that supports daily activities.
- Setup appropriate storage for overstock office supplies to keep items available but removed from daily activities.
- Streamline electronic filing and email storage systems to improve ability to locate and access necessary files quickly.
Working with her Living Peace Organizer, Allison identified which files in her system were actively being used, which were still necessary for archive records, and eliminated outdated or unused materials. Active files were setup in a polished new categorized filing system and placed in her new lateral file, and archive files were boxed up for storage in her nearby garage.
A desktop vertical filing system was developed to house her active task and project papers to keep them immediately at hand.
In consultation with her organizer, Allison chose to purchase a new desk, lateral file, and new curtains for her office space all of which help to make her space feel more beautiful and polished, which increased her sense of well-being and peace in the space.
Small collections of commonly used office supplies were set up in her new desk drawers, and all overstock or less frequently used supplies were sorted and organized into a nearby closet on well-labeled shelves to allow for all members of the family to find what they needed easily.
Finally, Allison worked with her organizer to set up an electronic filing system that mirrored her hard-copy paper system and to develop an email system that allowed her to manage the flow of electronic information into her life and to store the information that she might need to reference for current or future projects.
After completing the work in Allison’s home office, she chose to continue working with her organizer to develop better systems throughout her home including her kitchen, closets, bedroom, and garage.