"Hillary is non-judgmental, which is comforting as I expose my world to her. She offers suggestions and is open to feedback from me. I feel reduced stress as we create open spaces, and I look forward to the continued progress we will make."
Jack was working primarily within a bank branch at the time when he hired Living Peace initially. He was limited by the space and furniture provided by the bank for this office and wanted to improve his usage of the space and his workflow to help him manage his client paperwork and activities more effectively.
- Create an updated filing system that keeps active files close at hand and appropriately stores archive files in an alternate location.
- Develop a daily paperwork/project management system to keep current projects available for immediate work.
- Create a functional desk workspace that supports daily activities.
- Setup appropriate storage for overstock office supplies to keep items available but removed from daily activities.
- Create better systems for managing task flow as necessary for his work in developing and administering client accounts.
Jack worked with his organizer to identify active and archive files and to setup a new categorized filing system for the active files. The archive files were boxed up and moved either to an alternate filing location in the building or to his home.
A daily paperwork management system was created for Jack to keep his currently hot client files within arm’s reach as well as his other active practice management paperwork.
Jack’s desk space was re-organized and categorized to insure that the office supplies he accessed most frequently were convenient. Some additional small drawer units were added under his L-shaped desk to keep appropriate personal care items and snack foods on hand for the nights he stayed late to meet with clients.
Eventually, Jack began to work with his Living Peace organizer to develop better skills regarding capturing and processing tasks and improved electronic systems for managing the flow of day-to-day tasks that were part of both his personal life and managing his clients and practice.
After working to setup Jack’s bank branch office, he enlisted his organizer to set up similar systems in his home office, and over time their work grew primarily to focus on supporting him through productivity coaching and consulting.