We’re excited to partner with another female owned and operated business out of Arlington, MA for this week’s blog post! Mira of Mira Whiting Photography is a Mom of 3 boys and a talented family photographer. We love seeing Mira’s photos and admire her eye for taking photos of families, professionals, and kids of all ages.
Being professional photo organizers ourselves we wanted to see what advice Mira had for capturing that perfect summer family photo… here is what she said –
Summer is a great time to capture your family in action. Put down the sunscreen and take a minute to capture your little ones in their element. Here are my 5 tips for grabbing the best photo ops this summer!
- Head on over to the beach – A must-take and at the top of the list! We’re lucky enough to live by the coast, but whether you go to the beach every week or are going for vacation, be sure to get a photo of your toes in the sand. Wake up the family early for an early morning photo session (your probably up anyways).
- Have a family picnic at a local park – I just hosted our spring mini sessions at the Arlington Reservoir and it was the perfect day. Summer days will be no different, so pack a picnic and take photos with family over lunch in the park. You can bring flowers and bubbles for the kids for a dynamic photo session.
- Go out for ice cream – Cool off… As if you needed a reason to enjoy your favorite ice cream! Run, don’t walk to your local ice cream parlor for the ultimate summer photos. I l love getting shots of food at special events and think it’s fun to incorporate this into a summer day.
- Take photos outside of your home – With the plush grass and flowering trees, it’s nice to take photos at your home; Sit on your front steps or play a game in the back yard. Not only will you have memorable family moments, it’s nice to look back at your house to see how it changes over the years and from season to season.
- In the pool – Summer is for relaxation – Grab your favorite pair of shades and lay back with a good book. Take a photo of your family lounging by the pool or an action shot of the kids jumping into the water because this session definitely screams summer.
No matter where you take photos or what you do, remember to just have fun!
I absolutely love photographing the everyday and special moments. I specialize in family photography and would love to help you this upcoming season for a fun, family photo shoot. Feel free to reach out if you want to set up your summer session! – email@example.com