In working with my clients, shoe organizing inevitably comes up. Some clients have systems in place that work for them; others are looking for some new ideas.
I thought it would be fun to compose a series of blog posts featuring the pros and cons of different shoe organizing systems. Not every system will be good for everybody, so you’ll have to check back frequently to see what comes next!
I encourage you to leave a comment if you have tried any of the systems covered in this series and have input to share.
Today’s featured shoe organizing system is…
Sliding Shoe Shelf
- Easy to see your shoes
- Easy to access
- Great for children
- Keeps shoes off the floor
- Each member of the household can be assigned a shelf
- Shelf may require frequent cleaning from dirty shoes
- Requires you to purchase a specific piece of furniture
- Limited storage- not ideal for an entire shoe collection
- Size limitations- the larger the shoe, the fewer pairs can be stored